Full Time, Permanent: 1st Shift, Full Benefits –Medical, Dental, 401K
This position is for a candidate with a Refrigeration or HVAC background willing to be an apprentice trained in the Ammonia Refrigeration field. The candidate must be eager to learn and follow the direction of the Lead Ammonia Technician. The candidate shall have the ability to work well with others and have good communication skills. The Entry Level Ammonia Refrigeration Technician is responsible for ensuring safe operation of the Ammonia Refrigeration System by conducting preventive maintenance on the components and equipment within the Ammonia Refrigeration System. The Entry Level Ammonia Refrigeration Technician must follow P&ID’s, sketches, operator manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with applicable good manufacturing practices, safety and quality assurance practices
- Perform Refrigeration skills including, but not limited to, reading electrical diagrams; reading piping P&ID’s; inspecting, repairing and maintaining refrigeration valves, pumps, compressors, evaporators, condensers, etc.;
- Operate power industrial vehicles which may include forklifts, scissors lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate the source of problems and perform preventative maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within the Refrigeration Department Scope in accordance with the requirements of Process Safety Management
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits associated with Refrigeration Equipment. This shall include 3 phase and single phase circuits, limit switches, contactors, etc.
- Ability to read and follow the written Operating Procedures for Ammonia System Equipment in compliance with the PSM Program
- Willing to obtain the necessary licenses such as freon certification, forklift operator, etc.
- Must be able to work from heights, climb ladders, etc.
- Must be familiar with safe work practices -Lockout/tagout, Line Break Permits, Hot Work Permits, Confined Space Permits, etc.
- Computer skills to complete needed documentation for data entry into the CMMS, PSM documents, etc.
- A Diploma in HVAC or Refrigeration or prior experience is required, will train the right individual in the Ammonia Refrigeration field